CHANSHAL PASS TREK
Chanshal Pass Trek offers some of the most preserved and stunning views over the hills of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. The pass can be accessed by a motorable road , but the road is functional only in the snow free seasons. As the Chanshal Peak and Pass are highest in the Shimla district, it remains brushed under the snow carpet throughout the year, leaving a window of a few summer days. These few precious days are the golden opportunity for photographers. The rugged terrain, swirling driveway, clustered villages at Rohru, Chirgaon and Larot, lack of any imprints of habitation at the peak and the most off-road nomadic adventure is the perfect recipe for the greatest experience.
The trek goes up and up until the highest point is reached, which once was the on-foot highway for villagers traversing in the region. The Deodar forests are the most ornamental part of the journey, silent and wildest of all. The track gets acutely steep at times, an opportunity to witness the trickling flora from the hanging earth. The warmer seasons, May to September are a paradise for both birds and bird-watchers. The Kwar region remains in its prime during this season, slightly isolated yet connected, offering some of the most beautiful views nowhere to be seen else. Chanshal Pass is probably among those remaining locations where adverse impact of mankind and climate change is least visible. It has managed to preserve its virgin beauty intact, a place waiting to be cherished.
- INCLUSIONS - EXCLUSIONS
- THINGS TO TAKE WITH
- TREK MAP
Shimla - Rohru - Chirgaon - Larot - Chanshal Peak - Dodra - Kwar
Group Size: Max 20
Best Season: May - October
Highest Point: 3755 m
SHIMLA TO GUMMA CAMPSITE(CHIRGAON)
Arrival at Shimla. Departure for Gumma Campsite By our Cabs. The journey to Chanshal will take around 5-6 hours. After briefing, camp overnight at campsite. The day ends with the bonfire after dinner.
Accommodation: Camping at Gumma
GUMMA CAMPSITE TO CHANSHAL LAKE VAI CHANSHAL PASS.
We will start early in the morning to our journey to Chanshal Pass. The place is full of picturesque locations making it a photographer's delight. After breakfast , journey to Chanshal will take around 3 hours. The trek starts from Chanshal Pass and passes through beautiful meadows. It's an easy trek, takes around 4 hours to reach Chanshal Lake/Saru Lake. Night stay nearby Saru Lake. Don't miss the sunset.
Accomodation: Camping at Saru Lake
SARU LAKE TO CHANSHAL PASS
After breakfast trek back to Chanshal Pass. Lunch at Chanshal Pass. After lunch trek to Chanshal Top, it takes around 1 hour. Chanshal Top is one of the best sunset spot, enjoy the sunset. Descent down to the guma camp site. The day ends with the bonefire and dinner.
Accomodation: Camping at guma camp site
GUMMA CAMP-SITE TO SHIMLA
After breakfast drive back to Shimla.
Trip ends here.
- Accommodation (Homestay, Tent and Sleeping Bags)
- Breakfast- Packed Lunch- Dinner (Vegetarian)
- Snacks, soups , Tea, essential food Materials for Trekking in High Altitude.
- Service of Tour manager.
- High Altitude Guide, Trek Information and Sightseeing .
- All tolls, State taxes, Parking and Driver allowances.
- Any Personal Expenditure.
- Porters to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not mentioned under the head inclusion.
- Any Service not mentioned under the head inclusions.
- Trekking shoes: You will need trekking shoes with good grip. Sports shoes will not be comfortable enough.
- Backpack (40-60 litres): A backpack with sturdy straps and a supporting frame. Rain cover for backpack is essential.
- Three warm layers: On the pass crossing day, you will need at least three warm layers (two lights layers such as fleece and woolen and one padded jacket) for this trek.
- Two trek pants: Wear one pair and carry one pair.
- Two collared t-shirts: Carry light, full sleeved t-shirts that prevent sun burns on the neck and arms. Again, wear one and carry one.
- Thermals (Optional): Those who are more susceptible to cold can carry thermals to wear at night.
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses are to prevent snow blindness. These are more important in June. There might be snow at the upper campsites regardless of the season. So carry a pair of sunglasses.
- Suncap: The sun is intense at higher altitudes and a sun cap is absolutely essential to keep your face and neck safe from sun burns.
- Synthetic hand gloves: One pair of fleece or woolen hand gloves. One pair of water proof gloves.
- Balaclava: You may use woolen scarves instead as well.
- Socks (2 pairs): Apart from two sports socks, you can take a pair of woolen socks for the night.
- Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
- Trekking pole
Fix Departure Tour Calender
- Starting from
- 6,930 /PP
We can customize itineraries where you may choose transport, stay & sightseeing as per your taste & comfort
Need Help+91 9736642864 Monday to Friday
9.00am - 6.00pm